Saturday, January 26, 2008

This Blog

We've been in the adoption process for a little over a year now. So why start blogging now? Well, we've had a roller coaster ride that has allowed God to show our family His power and His glory and His sovreignty. He has taken through a lot of tough times and a lot of great times and I am thankful for all of it. This blog will be a way of bringing glory to Him for how he has richly blessed us.

This blog will be my thoughts both about our adopting and about life. I might post daily, or maybe not. Going through an adoption is rewarding and frustrating, exhilirating and difficult. It is not for the faint of heart. We feel led to adopt by God, because he chose to adopt us through His Son, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Through thick and thin we have leaned on Him and on many occasions I have clung to Him, sometimes even been carried by Him. I believe that "nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37).

Father God, I love you Lord and I worship you. I ask you to bless the people who choose to read this blog, that you reach out to them through the words that I write. Father, I ask you to give me discernment and wisdom in what I say and how I say it so that all that I write brings glory to you. Father, I thank you for the wonderful blessings you have given to me and my family, and for the difficult lessons I've learned. You alone are God and it is you alone I worship.