I was taking a cherry roll to my kids' school on Friday for their carnival. As I was walking in the hall to DD's classroom, I noticed one of the many writing assignments she and her classmates have worked on this year. This particular one was one where one of their classmates wrote about who they are and then those reading the description would have to guess who it was in their class.
As I read the description for hers, I was surprised. It read, "She has no sisters and three brothers." Three brothers I thought to myself? Of course Craig and I have always thought of Jonathan and Joshua as our sons, saying we have 4 kids - 2 here, 1 in heaven, and 1 in Haiti.
I know that DS slept with his picture of Jonathan after he passed away, and prays for Joshua every night. He even talks about his brother. But DD on the other hand, doesn't say a whole lot about either one of them. So when I read that I was surprised and thrilled. Surprised because she hasn't really spoken of them as brothers and yet thrilled because she considers them her brothers.
All I can say is, Please God, bring Joshua home. He has a brother and a sister here who want to meet him! Oh yeah, and we'd just love to have him home for CHRISTmas this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment