Thursday, June 26, 2008

Miracle Needed

Well, we got word from the doctor at our local hospital and will not put a shunt in any child who will be living in Haiti. Which means we need a miracle for Baby Sendy. She has been living with hydrocephalus for nearly 2 years now and desperately needs to have the pressure removed from her brain to try and halt any brain damage which may result from the hydrocephalus.

Please pray that a doctor would come forward to do this surgery and for my friend who has been anticipating having this sweet baby girl in her home for almost seven months. The outpouring of love and support they have received from friends, family, and neighbors has been staggering and I just refuse to believe that all the work she did to get this surgery was done in vain.

I know that God is control and that his plan and timing are perfect. This is one of those times when not being able to see what God sees is difficult. This is when our faith - and trust - in God is tested. I've been here all too often. I believe, with everything I am, that God is bigger than this doctor, this disease and the obstacles we are encountering right now. I believe that I will bring Sendy back from Haiti with me in a couple of weeks and that she will get the much needed surgery she needs.

I also believe that God can move mountains in our adoption and that our own personal miracle will be performed - that Joshua will join us for CHRISTmas this year. He is bigger than any government office or employee. He is bigger than paperwork. He is my hope and my strength.

No comments: