Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Interview Day

Today was the day the Embassy had scheduled to interview Joshua's birth mom.  I e-mailed HIS Home this afternoon to find out how it went.

I got an e-mail this evening from them and it simply said that everything went as planned this morning and that "JW's mom did a great job."  He also said to "keep it bathed in prayer."

And, athough I didn't receive written confirmation of this, I was told that she would sign the PVA either at her visit last Saturday* or today.  So, I believe she did in fact sign the PVA.  And by signing this document, it takes care of her court appointment...and relinquishes her rights to him.  So, now all we need to get through courts is that darned Presidential dispensation!

Although getting the I-600 signed and having her do her interview has nothing to do with getting the legalized adoption from the Haitian government, there is a sense of accomplishment in getting this part of it done.  The I-600 won't be completed until they receive the adoption documents though.  (Bummer)  I'm not sure if we'll get a notice of her interview or anything...I do know that I'll be sending them an e-mail requesting an extension at the beginning of February requesting an extension for our I-600.

And by her signing the PVA and going for the interview gives us a bit of a sense of relief...she knows what she's doing and where he will eventually go and she's okay with it.  We have known, to a degree, that she understood what was going on - that we are adopting him and that one day he will come to the US and be a part of our family as our son.  But, with her signature on the PVA, it confirms that she is committed to giving him up for adoption.  She has relinquished her rights to him - and we have accepted our responsibility to care for him.

Still waiting on the dispensation.  Still hoping beyond all hope to have him here for CHRISTmas.  And of course, we are bathing him and our adoption process in prayer...always!

Always praying.  Always hoping.  Always trusting. Always loving.  Always.

No comments: