Saturday, January 16, 2010

brain dump

Sleep eludes me.  I have 5 little girls sleeping in the other room, Roundabout Geek next to me, a dog at my feet and my laptop on my lap. 

Sleep eludes me this morning, much as it has been doing since Tuesday.  I am anxious in a way I have been only one other time - when Jonathan was in the hospital fighting for his life.  He lost.  I can only hope this new fight for survival does not end the same way.

I want to go to Haiti.  I want to bring tons of stuff with me to help the children at HIS Home.  I want to just pick up and go.  I am so torn.  Princess N and Quarterback are already anxious about me going in February.  At this point, I will need to bring everything I need to survive - water, food, clothes, a tent, cash.  My son is there.  It would be no different for me if it were Princes N or Quarterback.  He is my son and my son needs his mom.

There are several adoptive parents going this week.  I wish I was one of them.  I wish Roundabout Geek was one of them.  Haven't asked him his thoughts.

This is so hard, feeling so helpless.  The tears don't stop.  The helplessness doesn't go away.  We find out good news and yet it is hard to celebrate with everything that is going on.  I feel like I am barely existing - trying to keep it together on the outside while I'm breaking down inside.  I am so scared for my son, for the other 130 children at HIS Home, for the staff, for Hal and Chris. 

And new worries arise...what if the children are all taken to some camp in Cuba or Florida...without being able to speak, who would speak on their behalf...tell people their names and that they have parents in the US.  I want my son safe, but not lost in some refugee camp.  I want him to come to the states, to live with us in our family.  Our kids have met him.  We ARE his parents.

Our government must find a way to bring these children who have adoptive parents safely to their homes.  The country is reaching out to help them.  Their families deserve to have them.

February is still on as far as I'm concerned.  I need to be down there.  I need to do something.  I need to help Hal and Chris with the children.  I need to bring supplies.  I need to see my son, to hold him, to beg the US government to let me bring him home.

No comments: