Joshua was released from the hospital last night! Praise the Lord!!!
At some point I will get more comfortable posting things as they happen, but there are still things that I'd rather keep quiet at times. Not because I don't covet the prayers we get from other people, but because some things take a little bit of time for me to process.
On Friday, I attempted to call the orphanage to find out where are paperwork stood. I left a message and Hal called back about 5 minutes after I had left the house. In his message, he told us that Joshua was in the hospital for vomitting and dehydration. At this point, my heart landed in my stomach. He explained that he had been vomitting through the night a few nights before and there was another little boy who had the same symptoms. Rather than take chances, they went ahead and admitted them to the pediatric hospital nearby. And, they (Hal and Chris) were going to be gone for a couples retreat with their church, so by placing him in the hospital his care would be managed by the doctors and nurses, with their staff being with the children 24/7. His last comment to me on the message was that he had a bottle that morning and kept it down and he was doing fine.
I called yesterday evening to find out how he was doing and Hal answered and replied that Chris had just left to go check on him and he was waiting to call until she came back. He promised to call back when she got home (about 30 minutes). Within 15 minutes of that call, Hal called to give me the good news. It was a wonderful feeling. Hal had told me that the doctors had asked them to bring toys for the boys because they were bored and driving them crazy. Gotta love baby boys!!!
I don't know if I will ever be "okay" hearing that he's in the hospital and doing "fine". I do know that the two times he's been there, I have had a peace that he truly was just fine and that he was in there to make sure he stayed that way and didn't get worse. Last July, when we learned of Jonathan's hospitalization, we did not have that peace until after he had passed away. We prayed and prayed and trusted God with the outcome and for whatever reason HE chose to have Jonathan in heaven with him. I can honestly say that I am at peace with that. No, I don't understand why, but I have also realized that I don't have to...I just need to trust HIM with all that I have.
So, we continue to trust and pray. I trust that God will bring our Joshua home to us one day, and that I won't have to go to Haiti to see him (which, by the way I do in exactly 4 weeks!!!!). Until then, I will keep on relying on God for the strength to get through the difficult times of waiting and wanting. There is a time for everything, and only God truly knows what the timing is.
No comments:
Post a Comment