Thursday, February 7, 2008

New Picture!!!

Well, sometimes the highlight of my day is getting home to two smiling kids who are anxious to give me BIG hugs. Sometimes the highlight is getting to crawl into bed leaving the day behind me. And sometimes the highlight is looking at new pictures...specifically of Joshua.

There are a number of us adopting from the same orphanage who have the awesome privilege of going to Haiti to visit our kids (not all orphanages allow this privilege...). And, when we go, we take pictures...lots of pictures. We share these pictures, especially with those people who haven't seen their kids in a while, or ever. Well, I am the recipient of some new pictures this time. It seems like the next four weeks will take forever to get through!!!

These newest pictures of Joshua make me so happy! He has grown into quite a little chunk - drastically different from the small little guy we met in September. And, being a chunk is a GOOD thing, a VERY GOOD thing! It means he's healty. And thanks to Lee, I have VIDEO of my little guy too. Wow!!! He's gotten so big. I've missed out on a lot the last five months, or so, and I know in the coming months I'll miss out on a lot more. The latest figure is two years. We're hoping that it's shorter, and we're praying him home. It is frustrating at times, not knowing where our file is or how long it will take. All I can do is trust that God does know where things are, and I know that his timing is perfect. Joshua will come home when God says it's time...and try as I might, not a second before. Until then, I will love him, pray for him, think of him, pray for him, love him, pray for him, think of him, pray for him, love him....you get the picture. I will have days that are hard...I will have days that aren't so hard. My faith lies not in the people who process the adoptions, but in my Father in Heaven, who does know when. I will learn the lessons I need to learn and continue praising God for what he has done, is doing, and will do. He is an awesome God and I know he will continue to hold me up and lead me.

So, here's the newest picture...thanks Lee!!!


We would covet your prayers more than you know!

No comments: