Saturday, March 1, 2008

Haiti and strep

Well, there must be something about my going to Haiti and my son getting strep throat. When Craig and I went to Haiti to meet Jonathan last March, we came home to find that our son had been diagnosed with strep throat. Yesterday, I had to take him to the doctor because he was complaining of a sore throat and had a fever of 102.5. My mom's intuition was right...he has strep. He should be just fine by the time we leave, but that just still so weird! One thing I've learned in the 8+ years of being mom, kids are unpredictable!!! And honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way!

My kids provide me with so many learning experiences...usually God working through them to teach me something. And every time I come face to face with one of God's lessons for me, it is usually my kids who are the ones looking me in the eyes saying, "I don't like it when you yell.", or "I don't like to see you sad". They're also the first ones to just come up and give me a hug, for no reason, and say "I love you mommy." So, I'm glad my kids are unpredictable. It keeps me on my toes and forces me to pay more attention to the wonderful lessons and blessings God is teaching and giving me through them.

No comments: