Well, it's been a while since I last posted. So, let me recap what's been going on in my world for the last month...
On March 11th, two of my friends and I boarded a plane and headed to Haiti to visit Joshua. We planned on being there a total of 8 full days, leaving on the 9th day to head home. We had a wonderful time visiting with the kids at HIS Home, taking care of some needy babies, and oh yeah, spending time with my son!!
This was the first trip I had been on where neither my kids nor my husband were with me. I had never been away from all of them for more than a couple of days, let alone nine days in a third world country! I was a bit anxious to leave, but I was equally excited to be seeing Joshua again. It had been six months since my last trip - the trip when we decided to go ahead and adopt him.
And getting home was a little more difficult than what it showed on paper! We didn't get home until the next day - nearly 12 hours delayed. So, getting back into my "normal" life has been a bit more difficult than I had anticipated. Even getting back into work has been hard as it seems I am still mentally in Haiti.
I enjoyed my trip - there were some ups and downs, but overall good. I came home to my husband and kids and I was happy to see them...sad to leave Joshua behind.
I came home with good news though! Joshua's dossier is almost complete! As of Sunday, we were waiting on his mom's id card before his file joins ours at the lawyer's office and then it's off to IBESR. We've been in the adoption process for nearly 19 months, if you start when we started with Joshua. Since we agreed in September to adopt Joshua, it has been almost 7 months. We are anxious to get on to the next step and actually start the adoption process.
Well, now that I'm home I will hopefully do a better job of keeping up with this blog. I really like being able to get out all that I'm thinking in my head!
No comments:
Post a Comment