So we've been hearing a lot about world hunger over the last few weeks. I have been following very closely (as closely as worldwide news will allow anyway) the food problems in Haiti and the resulting hunger issues. I have a vested interest in Haiti - not just because of my son, but for so many other reasons. That country and her people have truly captured my heart. I am anxious to get back down there again.
My mom forwarded me a link to a website that has been designed to test your vocabulary and with each correct word, they donate 20 grains of rice to help fight hunger around the world. The website is www.freerice.com. I read a little bit on how it all works and even tested my vocabulary...some are words I am familiar with and lets just say there are some I don't know that I can even pronounce. In the short two minutes I played, I "earned" 360 grains of rice. That doesn't seem like much, but every little bit helps, right?
So, go ahead, test your knowledge - or as my mom would say, your gray matter - and some good along the way! You might just learn something too!
No comments:
Post a Comment