Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Nothing New...

Unfortunately, there is nothing new to report as far as our adoption goes. I saw Joshua via skype on Sunday. He wasn't very happy - crying and screaming pretty much the whole time. Hal did say he was doing fine. I wasn't able to find out where his documents stood, but I sent an e-mail today.

Sometimes the waiting is hard. Patience has certainly not been one of my stronger character traits throughout my life. I have not been praying for patience, because it seems that when I do, God will certainly put circumstances in place that make it impossible for me not to learn patience. I have a poem in my cube at work and part of it says, "I asked God to grant me patience. God said, 'No, patience is a byproduct of tribulations. It isn't granted; it's earned.'" There are times that I feel like I've been through enough tribulations with this adoption and that I have "earned" my patience. But, then if I were in control of everything, I wouldn' learn anything. I wouldn't be leaning on God to get me through each new tribulation. So, I will continue to follow God's lead and strive for patience. One day, when God says it's time, Joshua will come home. Until then, I pray - every day - for God's miracle in our adoption...that Joshua would be able to join us for his first CHRISTmas in Indiana this year!!

No comments: