Monday, September 1, 2008

Really? A Month....

OK, so I've been a blogging slacker. I can't believe it's already been a month!

Let's see...in the last month we started football, soccer, and school, which also means I started back to work for more days. Which, added all together, means we've been VERY busy.

DD is doing amazingly well in school. We LOVE her teacher - she is a fellow Boilermaker, so what's not to love? Seriously though, she is an answer to prayer. I pray every summer that she would be with the right teacher and the right classmates so that she can excel as a student, but more importantly, as a person. She is doing both right now and we are very pleased.

DS is adjusting to getting grades...taking a little bit more time doing his homework and focusing a little bit more. His teacher told me that his one of the leaders of his table group. I am glad he is behaving...and he's doing really well at reading.

Joshua is GROWING!!! I got some new pictures of him and couldn't believe he's walking already! And he has teeth!!! This is one of those times we hope and pray that our file will just fly through the system!

Hurricane Gustav has made an impact on our family in more than one way...the hurricane did hit Haiti. Talking with Hal, they got a lot of wind and rain, but no flooding or damage. We're still waiting to hear from Pierre how Chambrun is doing. Craig's sister and her family live in Mandeville, LA. Her husband is in the Coast Guard and was ordered to evacuate. So, they drove up here to stay with my in-laws. We know they have no power right now, but they are safe. It was unexpected trip, but we did get to spend some time with them today, which was nice.

Last weekend, Craig and I went on a retreat with Harvest...the speaker, Dean Trune, was wonderful. He talked about spiritual warfare...something we don't necessarily like to think about, but is very real and present. I know I am more aware of it and I pray for HIS protection every day.

Well, that gets you caught up, for now. I have lots of stories and pictures, but right now it's bed time - school tomorrow!

No comments: