Friday, January 16, 2009

Hmmm....

It's hard to believe we're already 16 days into the new year!!! A lot can happen in the month it's been since I last blogged. Hmmm...maybe that's why I haven't blogged lately.

So, let's see...since I last blogged, we celebrated CHRISTmas. It was the first time in five years that it was just the four of us. The kids got spoiled, as ususal, and everyone was happy. Craig gave me jewelry for the first time since we've been married.

I booked our prize winning trip - we're going to Cancun to celebrate our anniversary. The kids are fairly bummed...why cant we go? Because you can't, that's why !!

We celebrated the new year by doing nothing for a whole day! The next day we went swimming at a local indoor water park. That same night, DD comes down with the stomach flu - puking. Ugh!!! And, guess who ended up with it the next day...yup, mom! So, while Craig and DS drove to his sister's to celebrate CHRISTmas with his family, DD & I spent ALL day on the couch watching football. I know she's sick when she won't even get up to change the channel off of football or put a dvd of her choice in. She HATES football.

And this year was the year we decided to move our bedroom door. So, we had a contractor come in and move the door. Much to my surprise, Craig ordered a new microwave for us too and that was installed. And then, when the contractor was done, I had to prime and paint the patch and then move all of the furniture. We really like the results...A LOT! Hmmm...wonder what took so long to do it in the first place.

Then it was time for DD to turn 9. NINE!!! We celebrated with my dad on her big day and then had a sleepover - the first one - the following weekend. She's big into mysteries and clue right now, so we had a "Popstar Mystery" party. Thanks to www.dramaticfanatic.com for the great idea!

And lest we forget that football season is NOT over yet, our beloved Steelers won their game - the only home team to win last weekend. Football is NOT over in our house yet (ever, really, thanks to Madden NFL football for the Wii). We're still hoping for a couple more weeks. Go Steelers!

And today is a "snow day" for the kids...too cold. We're talking sub-zero temperatures here and now I have to occupy the kids as well as try to get some work done from home. Thanks to Wii and DS and I have some time to do it. But the natives are getting restless!

As for the adoption...the last we heard we are still waiting on the Presidential dispensation. Thinking I might call and find out how everything is going next week. I try so hard not to worry about where things stand. There's nothing I can do about the information I receive. There's something about just knowing where it is that's comforting though.

Well... time to get back to reality. A quick blog for sure! Stay warm!!!!

No comments: