Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow

We could potentially have the biggest snowfall of the season tonight and in to tomorrow...I've heard that before. Wouldn't you just love to be a weather man - you would only have to be accurate 50% of the time to keep your job. Yeah, yeah, cliche, I know.

I left work today at around 2:30 expecting a long, treacherous drive home (it had been snowing for an hour and everything was snow covered by then). My normal half hour drive took an hour...not too bad. The roads weren't great but weren't horrible either. Just remember, you don't have to drive 20 on snowy roads...nor do you need to drive 80.

I got home before the kids were even out of school and turned on the TV to find out if my kids' activities for the evening had been cancelled. I only like this much snow when I can get into my nice, cozy sweats, curl up in my blanket with a steaming cup of hot chocolate and watch it snow from the inside. I absolutely DO NOT like driving in this stuff.

And, the verdict is...staying home tonight! Both ballet and basketball practice were cancelled! Yeah!!! I left work with enough stuff to keep me busy from now until Monday, should school be delayed or cancelled tomorrow due to weather. I'm getting pretty good at working at home - I'm certainly more efficient here because there are less distractions. Last week, I put in 29.5 hours, only 4 of which were actually in the office. Besides, I'm getting one monster of a chest cold and I'd just as soon stay at home and work than infect the entire office!

Haven't heard anything new on the adoption front. I can't do anything about it, so I suppose I don't worry about it all that much. Would I like to know what's going on? Sure, but when I do find out, there's still nothing I can do about it. It is all in God's hands, and honestly, are there any better hands for it to be in?

I do miss him though. I have two friends headed to Haiti in a couple of weeks. I wish I were going with them. A previously planned vacation takes that option away from me though. Hopefully sometime very soon I will get to Haiti to see my Joshua. Lord, please keep him safely in your hands. I trust you with him and with our adoption and I am praying that you will move our file out of Parquet soon and bring him home. We're all anxiously waiting for him to come home. We love him so much. Please, Father, bring him home soon. I love you Lord. I trust you.

No comments: