Friday, November 6, 2009

I am (not) So Excited

I am not excited.  I should be, but I'm not. 

Why should I be excited you ask?  Well, I will tell you.  In a few days, I will be headed to Haiti to see Joshua.  Roundabout Geek will meet me there later in the week.  I am usually so excited to go I can't stand it. 

This time...not so much.

I don't really know why.  It could be because I feel like I have 1000 things to do before I go.  It could be because I am going by myself - at least at first.  It could be because I actually have 1000 things to do before I go.  I don't really know though.

I'm trying.  Honest I am. I want to see my son.  I want to see all the families.  I want to see HIS Home.  I want to go to Haiti.  It's not the wanting to go to Haiti I am struggling with.  It's the not wanting to leave here I am struggling with.  I just can't seem to get into it.

I know I will...once I start packing and hunting for everything, I'll get excited.  Once it's seems more like it's going to happen I will get excited.  But for now, I will just take one minute at a time and keep trudging forward.

Soon I will be so excited I can't stand it.

No comments: