Sunday, November 8, 2009

Not Moping

My friend told me as I was leaving worship this morning to call her and not to spend all week moping.  Roundabout Geek looked at me and said, "Yeah, no moping."

Sure...no moping.  I can handle that.

Roundabout Geek left for a far away place today...the farthest away he's ever been.  Ever.  And the farthest apart we've ever been.  Ever.  We won't talk until at least tomorrow afternoon, at best.

So, in the interest of not moping:
  • I did not go to the after-worship pitch in only because Roundabout Geek had someone's keys in his pocket, which of course did not require a second trip back to the airport because he, being ever so responsible, did not not realize this until he was emptying his pockets to go through security.
  • I did not come home and go directly to my room and cuddle in my bed with the excuse that I needed a nap.
  • I did not get even a little excited when one of Princess N's friends called to see if she could come over to play.
  • I did not enjoy the fact that although Quarterback did not have a friend over, he did have football on tv, and that was good enough for him.
  • I did not dig through the dirty laundry to the shirts that I did not purposely not take to the dry cleaners and pull one out so I could cuddle with it and smell Roundabout Geek on it.
  • I did not pick up a book and start reading, only putting it down when I had finished it.
  • I did not decide that dinner for my kids was a double cheeseburger and an 8 piece chicken nugget meal from BK.
  • I did not spend the first few minutes home from worship crying, missing Roundabout Geek so much.
  • I have not already looked at the flight tracker to see where his flight is right now, twice.
So, see, I'm not moping.  And I most certainly am not in my pajamas, eating a lukewarm quesadilla, with tears in my eyes, typing on my blog.  And my kids are certainly not up watching Sunday Night Football and Extreme Makeover Home Edition when they should be tucked snuggly in their beds because they have school tomorrow.  And I am not thinking of all things I can do tomorrow instead of actually doing the things I need to do.

I'm not moping...now if only I could convince myself of that!

No comments: