Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mr. Joshua

So one of the things I spend a lot of time doing while in Haiti is taking lots of pictures of Mr. Joshua Wood.  This is, after all, the only way I get to watch him grow up...for now.  And I have indeed watched him grow up in pictures.  Most of the pictures are ones that I take.  But there are also a lot from other adoptive parents who go at different times than I.  So, I get a pretty good idea of how he's growing and changing.  Of course, every picture I see just reminds me of all that I am missing with him since he is there and I am here. 

Anyway, here are some of my favorite pictures from our recent trip.



Couldn't he just stay like this forever???



Eating oreos!



No, I did not pose him this way.  I just snapped the picture at the right time.  Love this picture.



We discovered the motion of the waves in the pool lulled our little guy to sleep on more than one occassion!



He is a two-and-a-half year old little boy who loves to get into mischief.  Here is tyring to hide behind a plant.



One of my favorites...just serves as a reminder that every little boy needs a father to love him and hold him close and cuddle him to sleep, even if it is only a couple times of year in person.  I know Roundabout Geek wishes he could do this every night with Joshua, and I wish I could witness it every night.



Joshua has this perfectly round belly and we just had to try to get a picture of it.  And here he is with Flat Stanley as well.



Splash!



Mommy and Joshua



Again - did not pose him.  We were waiting to leave for our Embassy appointment and he just sat like this.  I couldn't believe he sat like this long enough for me to get my camera out and take a picture.



Grandma Sue bought all 4 Haiti babies matching t-shirts.  We tried to take a picture of all 4 of them (they are all 3 and under).  Joshua had more fun clapping than sitting still though.  (BTW, the shirt says "My Mommy's favorite Christmas Gift".  Yup, that would so be true if he came home in time for Christmas!)



Playing with legos



Joshua sporting his new HIS Home t-shirt.  This is a fundraiser for HIS Home.  For a purchase price of $12, you can get a t-shirt for yourself, a t-shirt for one of the school aged kids, and pay for shipping.  Not bad for $12.  Click here to find out how you can order your very own HIS Home T-shirt!



Our "incomplete" family picture.  Obviously Princess N and Quarterback are not here, so it isn't the full family, but we did get one of the three of us.

Not only does taking pictures give us pictures to go with the memories, but they are also an important par of our adoption process.  When it comes time to get  his Visa to leave Haiti and come home, the Embassy will want proof that we have visited him during the adoption process.  So each visit we take, we get pictures of me with Joshua, Roundabout Geek with Joshua, and all three of us. 

So, for now, I will continue to watch my little boy grow up in pictures.  I know one day I will be able to watch him grow up with my very own eyes. I pray every day that that day is sooner rather than later, much sooner.

Always loving.  Always hoping.  Always trusting.  Always.

No comments: