Thursday, January 7, 2010

10 years




10 years ago today I became a mom for the first time - at 2:09am to be exact.

10 years ago today I was enjoying the new bundle of joy that had fallen into my arms.

10 years ago today I was just beginning this journey of motherhood.

10 years ago today our sweet Princess N came into our lives.

She took 25 1/2 hours to get here, taking her time to get here.  And when she was here, it was through the use of forceps and a whole lot of pain.

And today, she is a bright blue-eyed, blond haired girl...I can't even say little anymore!  She is creative, so very much so...even making her own invitations to her birthday party at no prompting by me!  She loves to pretend and imagine.  She loves reading realistic fiction, and floors me with the things she says sometimes!  She is stubborn and strong-willed (hmmm....wonder where she gets that from???) and hates change.  She knows what she wants, how she wants it, and when she wants it, and she lets you know if its not exactly like that.  She loves her brothers.  She is ever so responsible and is becoming quite the helper around the house, many times without being asked.  She hates football.

She loves to store things in bags and likes to save every piece of paper she writes on (yup, that's me too, at least when I was her age).  She loves animals - especially dolphins, horses, and dogs.  She loves babies, especially her new little cousin.  She loves to dance and play.  She loves to play her dad's new djembe drum.  She loves to help cook and bake. 

She loves like no other little girl I know can love.  She has compassion oozing from her pores.  A God-given gift that I hope she never, ever loses track of.  She teaches me EVERYDAY the importance of forgiveness, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, goodness, mercy, grace, and compassion.  She sees things I don't see.  She sees ways to help that are thoughts that wouldn't even enter my mind.  Sometimes I think she has the clarity to see what God sees.  She roots for the underdog, befriends the friendless, loves the unlovable.

She is the one who made me realize that it does not matter if she is in public school, private school, or homeschooled, she can be the light of Jesus anywhere.

She is an amazing young girl who I know will be an amazing individual.

And I wouldn't have it any other way!

She is our only daughter.  She is our firstborn.  She is my little girl - now and always.

I love you Princess N!  Happy 10th Birthday!!!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Jason and Lisa Jones said...

This is awesome! :) Time flies...

I especially liked the comment:

She is the one who made me realize that it does not matter if she is in public school, private school, or homeschooled, she can be the light of Jesus anywhere.


It is so true. God calls families to different things. I think PS works for families like I think HS can, but it is a family decision, not what other families are doing. You guys seem to have a ministry with you helping at school and that is amazing. :)

I like seeing when parents say positive things about their children! :)