Update: One of the other parents got a hold of some of the other parents who are down there, in Haiti, with the kids. Apparantly they sent Junior running all over today trying to collect more papers. They weren't actually denied, as far as we know. Chris, Junior, the team, and I am assuming, the kids are all spending the night inside the Embassy gates so they are first in line.
One of my friends said that it seems like they're a bit overwhelmed right now, trying to do something that has never been done before...kind of making up the rules as they go. I can understand that they want to do it right and not mess it up. But I'm a mom and I want my son home, here, NOW.
One article I read said the inside of the embassy looked like a huge day care. They are trying to process a lot of kids right now, giving priority to those who are sick and fragile. I can only imagine how difficult this is for all of them.
Please pray that they are successful tomorrow and that the 56 children they have there now will be processed and on their way home. Joshua is one of these 56. Thanks!
Original Post:
THE DIRECTORS OF HIS HOME TEXTED TONIGHT...THEY SPENT 12 HOURS AT THE EMBASSY TODAY WITH 56 CHILDREN WHO HAD BEEN PROMISED EXIT VISAS ONLY TO BE DENIED. THIS IS A TRAVESTY. IT IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN.
CALL YOUR US SENATORS. EMAIL THEM. FAX THEM. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO. JUST LET THEM KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE - AT ALL!!! PLEASE TELL THEM THAT THE CHILDREN AT HIS HOME FOR CHILDREN ORPHANAGE IN PORT-AU-PRINCE MUST BE IMMEDIATELY EVACUATED.
No comments:
Post a Comment