Well, it has been a day full of good news and more questions.
Praise that Pierre's wife, Dianne, and their other two children, Charissa and Lemuel, are OK. He and Nathan left Miami this morning but had to reroute to the Turks and Caicos for fuel for the plane as Haiti has none. They are there tonight and hoping to arrive tomorrow.
Junior, the administrator at HIS Home, has been found. He and his mom are safe but they are still searching for his brother.
Hal texted his son that all of them are okay. They have very limited telephone, no internet, no electric. Limited fuel for the generator. Food supply okay. Water supply okay. The wall that fell was a back wall (so there is/was another house behind them). Not sure of anything else now.
We have not yet heard from a woman who runs a guesthouse I've stayed at a couple of times.
And, now I begin to wonder if I will have to eat my words. See, I learned that some people were writing letters to President Obama and Former President Clinton. In the past, getting politics involved in the adoption process has been vigorously discouraged as there were many more ramifications than rewards. It was such a letter/petition that caused the total halt of adoptions in 2007.
Knowing that, I took the stance of "don't do it". But after reading a few articles and hearing what some other families not associated with HIS Home are doing, I am beginning to wonder. A local news reporter mentioned that a family here had contacted the Department of State about getting a refugee visa. Another article I read stated the family was seeking an emergency visa to get their two children out. So, I wonder. Are we now in such a unique position that it IS time to act, to get our voices heard, and to maybe cause a change in the process? Still not sure...
There are hundrends, if not thousands, of newly orphaned children...children who will be left to fend for themselves if not for orphanages. If those orphanages were full before the earthquake, I can only imagine the literal onslaught of newly orphaned children they will begin to have flowing like water into their doors. If the country could get thosethat are in process out, they will have room for all of the new ones.
But how and when? I don't want to jeopardize the amazing work Hal and Chris are doing in Haiti. I don't want to cause problems for them in any way, shape, or form. Is this really one of those times that I need to do more than wait?
But if I do that, does that mean I am questioning whether God can do it? Or is this one of those times that Solomon writes about in Ecclesiastes? Man, I'm so confused. Maybe now is the time to act. Maybe there is something more to do to get Joshua home.
Maybe, just maybe there will be good out of this tragedy. Praying tonight for God's wisdom and clear direction...and his timing. And sleep. Much needed sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment