Friday, August 1, 2008

Gotcha!!!

There used to be a show called "Kids Do the Darndest Things". Even though the show no longer exists, kids do and they really DO the darndest things. But, I guess that's what keeps parenting interesting...you never know what your kids are going to do.

Last night, we were all watching TV...something we all do when one of our DD's favorite shows is on - So You Think You Can Dance. Well, it's one of my favorite shows too - I guess the dancer in me (yup, figure skated for 10 years and danced for 5) enjoys watching really good dancing. We're all rooting for either Joshua or Katee, by the way.

My DS had gotten a pillow and was laying down in my lap. I looked down and asked him if he was asleep...no answer. Craig called out to him and again, no answer. After DS had fallen asleep early on Wednesday night and slept for 12 hours, I wasn't surprised that he was asleep. Craig, however, wasn't convinced. He thought he was faking it. I looked at his face, trying to see if he would give it away if he really was faking it. Nothing - he looked like his normal, sleeping self - a perfect little angel. Trying to convince myself further, I removed the pillow from underneath his head - his body moved with it and then just fell limp, like one does when one is really asleep. I looked at Craig and declared that yes, he was really asleep. I saw a quick glimmer of agreement from him and then he said again, "No, he's faking it." He still wasn't completely convinced. Another look at my "perfect little angel" revealed the truth - he WAS faking it. There on his precious face was the start of a smile. And that smile gave him away...he had dooped his mom!

When he realized that he had gotten me, he couldn't help but bust out laughing. He kept saying, "I got you Mommy! I got you!". He was squealing with pride in how he had dooped me. I couldn't help but start laughing too. I wish I could have taken a picture of him at that moment. Raw joy in accomplishing what he had set out to do...clapping his hands, grinning from ear to ear. I couldn't help but give him a huge bear hug and tell him that I love him.

Yes, Craig has trained him well...I just didn't realize how well!

No comments: