Friday, August 1, 2008

We're Booked

It's official, we are off to Haiti. I booked our tickets for our October trip last night. The kids' passports are in. We've gotten all the shots we need. Now, we just have to figure out where we are staying and how we're getting around. That shouldn't be a problem though, and something I'm not all that worried about anyway.

The kids are excited about meeting their brother. I'm excited to be taking them down there. For the first time, we will all be together. The kids pray for their baby brother every day. I think meeting him will make all of this more real for them. I can't wait to get a picture of the three of them together.

Now we start praying for safe travels, and safety over our kids - physically and more importantly, spiritually. The spiritual warfare in Haiti isn't just something you're aware of...you can feel it. I know this trip will be an amazing experience for them - I am really looking forward to sharing Haiti with them. They'll get to go to the school that we support through Nehemiah Vision Ministries and to the orphanage Joshua lives in, HIS Home for Children. They will see, first had, what true poverty looks like. This will be a life experience like no other....and they chose to do this. There aren't a lot of adults, let alone kids, who would choose to visit a third-world, poverty stricken, voodoo worshiping country over Disneyworld. We have some pretty special kids.

No comments: