OK, so the doctor tells us Craig does not have strep - good news. He does have some kind of virus - bad news. Either way, I'm still hoping I don't end up in bed with it. I'm already not happy that I can't do a whole lot because my back and neck still hurt. I'd like to get back to exercising...can't do that since I'm injured. I feel OK enough during the day to try getting back to "normal", but then night time hits and I'm miserable.
And to add to our excitement, tomorrow night we anticipate inviting a new member to our family. No...not Joshua. He's been a member of our family since September 15, 2007, and we're still waiting on the Presidential dispensation. No, out of the clear blue God has decided we need to adopt a puppy. Seriously, out of the clear blue. Our neighbors got a new puppy (although puppy is not quite the right word - he'll be a big dog...) tonight. They were "trying" him out on Saturday and Craig came inside and said that it would be a long time before we get another dog after Macee dies. But when we do, it would be a beagle.
With two kids sick on Sunday morning, I attended Harvest worship solo. One of our friends came in and said, "Natalie needs a beagle puppy!" What! Nope, not me AND DON'T TELL CRAIG CAUSE THAT'S HIS FAVORITE TYPE OF DOG. I told Craig who then proceeded to call and e-mail our friends behind my back...of course he ended up telling me 'cause he can't keep a secret.
After talking to the puppy's owner to find out all the info, we decided that IF they decided that the puppy wasn't fitting into their home, we would be willing to take her. They called last night and asked if we could give them the weekend. Of course we could - we were in no rush. Got the call today that they have "yes, but no" decided that the puppy is just not a right fit for them right now and would we still be interested. Well, we are, so tomorrow night (assuming Craig is OK) we'll drive to their house and pick up the newest member of our family.
The kids, I'm sure, will be totally excited. They'll help out for a while (as will Craig), and then at some point, I'll be primary care-giver. Hey, I had a chance to say no and I didn't. What can I say, I'm a sucker for puppies - and a husband and kids who give me the puppy-dog eyes.
The next family member I bring home, though, is Joshua...and I'm still hoping in time for his 2nd birthday in June.
No comments:
Post a Comment