Well, 5 weeks ago I was in the midst of yet another round of sickness and drama. Not so right now...stressed and ready for a break from the busy-ness, but everyone is healthy!
DS turned 7 yesterday...he was excited. I was not. Seven - already?! Didn't I just give birth to him yesterday?!
Joshua is starting to look like a little boy instead of a baby. Not happy about that ONE BIT. This momma needs seem Joshua lovin' in a bad way. Oh, and no new adoption news.
Work is going well - enjoying my new role A LOT. It really does seem to be a perfect fit for me. I'm glad that my supervisor and boss took me seriously when I suggested the role change last year. They've really let me define it and take it on - with only advisory involvement. It's cool when the people you work for have confidence in you to let you take something and run with it.
Visited with the SIL two weekends ago. We went to a historic "town" (in the middle of a modern town). I played with my camera and some of the settings...maybe if I get motivated I'll post some pictures.
Frustrated to the hilt with things I hear and see going on around me. You know, things I really have no control of, but that are happening right in front of me and I'm either too chicken or frustrated to say anything about it. Sometimes I feel like shaking people and screaming, "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!" at them as loud as I possibly can. I mean, really, some of the decisions I see people making around me are ludicrous in a good economy...they're just down right insane in our current situation. I mean, really!
Honestly, though, I wish I had the boldness to tell people that they should be making wiser decisions. And yet, there is a part of me that knows that somewhere, someone has enabled them and they'll just keep going on with the thought that everything will be ok, and that they really have to find the bottom - hit it, jam into, crash into it, I don't care, they just need to find it - before anything will ever change. Hey, that's what happened to us and we came out pretty darn well if I do say so myself.
I love the fact that there are people out there who beliee 100% without a doubt that God will give them what they need to survive. And don't get me wrong, I KNOW that God does provide what we need -he has been my hope when I have had no hope, my strength when I have had no strength, my joy when I have had no joy. When I have fasted and prayed, he has been my food, the very word that I lived on. He takes care of me, more than I will ever know. He has provided me with the talents I need to find a good job, and the work ethic and dedication to my job so that I can keep my job. He HAS allowed me to find the bottom of a pit when I put too much trust in myself and not enough in him. God has given me everything I need, but for some things - like my job - I had to do some leg work too. It didn't just fall in my lap out of the clear, blue sky. God gifted me with a brain, working hands, working feet, etc. - all things that I use everyday at work. I don't take for granted everything he has given me, but I don't waste it either. I don't just sit on my butt and expect God to put what I need in my lap...he expects me to work for it sometimes, that way I won't take it for granted. Amazing how that happens, isn't it.
OK, done with rant. I love my God who loves me and takes care of me. He always have and he always will regardless of where I turn my love. How great my God really is!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment