April, really, April? THAT's the last time I did any blogging? And WHY have I so sorely neglected my blogging? GREAT QUESTION!! One that I, unfortunately, don't have the answer to.
Since I last blogged, I
...went to Haiti to visit with my, then, 20 month old.
...heard him say Mama.
...had a great Mother's Day, complete with brunch at the club.
...went on my prize winning trip to Cancun with Craig, despite the swine flu scare. Didn't scare us and we had a fabulous time
..."celebrated" the last day of school with my kids. Which involved creating a scrapbook for DS's teacher FROM SCRATCH two days before the last day of school.
...switched my work schedule from three days to two days for the summer.
...went on our annual mission trip - this one working with Habitat for Humanity in Wapello, IA.
...celebrated the fourth of July by walking in our local parade alongside a float - in the pouring rain and spending the day with my MIL and FIL.
...starting going to meetings every Tuesday with a friend, learning how to love her well.
...am preparing a quick trip to visit my mom.
...realized that July 11th marked the two year anniversary of Jonathan meeting Jesus, again. Bittersweet moment.
...am realizing that school starts in two weeks and I have NO idea where the summer went.
...found out that nothing has changed in our adoption...we're still waiting on the Presidential dispensation.
...am not happy with my grumpy attitude lately, despite the fact that I pretty much love my life and all that God has blessed us with.
Oi!!! Still can't seem to figure out why I don't making blogging a priority...could be that at the end of the day (the only time I have to blog), I am ready to crash into my wonderful, comfy bed, and head off to dream land. I am, however, inspired to do a little bit more blogging about life in my world with my husband and my kids waiting for God to answer our prayers to bring Joshua home. There's a lot to life and as much as I wish I could spend each and every minute of each and every day whining and complaining that Joshua isn't home, I have chosen NOT to do that.
Life is full of choices...some I like to make and some I don't. Obviously the hard ones are the ones I don't like to make, all the time...like confessing sin and being honest. You know, stuff like that. But then there are choices that are easy, maybe not ones I like to make, but they are easy - or at least easier. For example, choosing to trust God and his timing for when Joshua will come home to live with us here is easier than dwelling on the fact that he isn't here. So I choose to live my life to the fullest and with prayerful anticipation, looking forward to when Joshua WILL be here, and enjoying the many hundreds of blessings I get from God each and every day. Besides, Joshua isn't really my kid anyway, now is he? He is a beautiful, wonderful gift from God.
So, rather than pout, I work. Right now, I'm working on a fundraiser for HIS Home for Children involving t-shirts - you buy one, you donate one to HIS Home and you help out with getting t-shirts for the kids for their school uniforms. Cool colors too - like Azalea, Daisy, Tangerine, Sapphire, and Kiwi. Click here to order your very own HIS Home shirt today! Oh, and THANKS!!!
So, I guess that's it...one kid just left for a sleepover, so I'm back down to two...'cause the other one has one sleeping over here tonight. Craig is LTG's (life transformation group) with his accountability guys and I am trying to get motivated to read Daniel for my LTG on Saturday morning. And, at some point, I should probably consider feeding the people in my house - seeing as it is 7pm and all...my belly's rumbling!!
Maybe this is the start of something new and I'll actually keep track of my blog...not that anyone but me reads it, but at least I can journal on here!
No comments:
Post a Comment