My mind is full of things that need to be done, aren't getting done, and things that are going to happen. I had a good nights rest thanks to some cold medicine, but this cold is still Kicking. My. Butt. I wish it would just go away.
But from the moment my eyes opened, I have had but one thing on my mind - Roundabout Geek and day he will have today. I have been praying and praising all morning. Praising God that although things will look quite different for him by the end of the day, things will be OK for him. Praying, though, that the happenings around him will also work themselves out. I tried and tried to find a verse that would so clearly express the burden I feel for my husband this day. See, it's not about me submitting to my husband or about our children submitting to their daddy. It's about him seeing the place that God has put him in. God has enabled him with such awesome abilities, and on a day like today, I think it would be far too easy for him to forget that God has him there for a reason, known only to The Father - for his purposes and to be fulfilled in his time. To grasp the sovreignty of God in the day-to-day, somewhat mundane happenings is something I am not good at. It somehow seems too profound to look at the small stuff of life that way. And yet, in this time, on this day, it is ever so clear to me that God is sovreign in ALL things, not just the big things that I can "easily" give to Him, but in the everyday things as well.
Okay, so what will happen today isn't necessarily an "everyday" thing. But in the grand scheme of things, it is still all part of His plan - not only for Roundabout Geek and I, but also for the people around us and in our lives. We may lose some friends. We may gain some more. We may have ground to make up. We may have opportuntities knocking on our door that wouldn't have ever found their way to our doorstep before. The bottom line is this, there is a "time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." THIS is one of those times. There is a season and a reason. There is nothing we can do to stop or change what will happen. All we can do is ask ourselves how we will respond to what is going on.
Today, I am responding with a heart full of prayer and compassion - for Roundabout Geek and a great many others. Praying that Rounabout Geek finds a place of rest and calm in the midst of all that is going around him. Praying that he will give all of this up to the Great Engineer (that would be God) and trust Him with the outcome of today's events. Praying that God will use these events to open the eyes and hearts of the other affected individuals to see Him more clearly. Praying that Roundabout Geek will use this to glorfiy Him.
It is no doubt hard and difficult. It is what it is. There is nothing we can do to change it. We can only change ourselves. And thank Him everyday for the most abundant blessings! Thank Him for being aware of every detail in my life. I am reminded, again, that what will happen today is NOT a surprise to Him, only to us. And with his strength, we will get through this too!
No comments:
Post a Comment