Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Did you hear it?

That loud scream at approximately 3:15 pm yesterday?  That was the time that Roundabout Geek finally arrived in Haiti to join Joshua and I.  Yeah!!!

And in adoption news...we signed our I-600 at the US Embassy here in Haiti on Monday.  Okay, technically I signed the I-600 at the Embassy....Craig signed it before we left and I just provided proof of his signature, by way of his passport.  Then I was sworn in - had to swear that the information on my application was true to the best of my knowledge and that I would take care of my son once we get him home.  His bio mom has to go in for the parent interview on December 2nd.  They gave us a date to submit all the other necessary documents and then pointed to line on the form and said, "When you need to file for an extension, here's the e-mail address."  Fabulous!

And, we both signed our PVA - basically taking care of our "court appearance".  That was the whole reason for Roundabout Geek coming here in the first place, so glad we got that done!  When his bio mom goes in for her parent appointment, they'll have her sign the PVA.  That is the form that she signs relinquishing her rights to Joshua.

Now we just need to get our dispensation.  Kinda bummed because people are coming out of IBESR that went into the President's office before us having received their dispensation, while we're still waiting - and they pulled our file out of Parquet in order to get dispense.  Kinda feel a bit jilted, but I know that all of this is in God's time.  Although I know in my head that God's plan and timing are perfect, it is hard to tell my heart sometimes.  Especially times like this, when I see my husband cradling my sleeping son, knowing on Friday I will have to once again leave him here in the very capable arms of HIS Home.  Then it's hard to convince my heart that God's timing is absolutely perfect.  And yet, I know that those facts are the absolute truth.

When I get home, though, I will start my chocolate fast again - until we come out of Parquet.  And with us getting ready to start the holidays, not eating chocolate - my comfort food and solice in times of depression - is like asking Reese not to bark.  It will be hard, but it is a reminder I so desperately need - to pray without ceasing for my son and our adoption.  And so, once I leave this home away from home, I will begin my chocolate fast.  And I will pray without ceasing, sending my pleadings to God, trusting in him wholly and completely for his steadfast care of Joshua and his watchcare over our adoption.  He loves me that much, and I know he loves Joshua too.  And I know that one day Joshua will come home with us on that big jet and we'll cross that yellow line in Miami and he'll be ours!

Waiting patiently.  Loving family.  Laughing with Friends.  Trusting God.

No comments: