Monday, November 2, 2009

I hate Mondays

***I started writing this at lunch, when my Monday was horrible.  Read through to the end...it gets better, fantastic, amazing even!***

Not all Mondays, but this one for sure!

It started off okay...except that Reese started barking at 5:15 this morning, then she kept taking things that didn't belong to her which resulted in me chasing her aroung the house to retrieve whatever object happened to find itself in her mouth before she chewed it up to smithereens.

Then I had one of those, "I have nothing to wear mornings."  Even though I do have a closet full of clothes that are perfectly suitable for work.

Then as I am getting ready to leave for work, I couldn't find my brand new jump drive...the one that I had transfered a bunch of stuff from laptop to it for safe keeping.  This resulted in me throwing a huge temper tantrum, yelling at the dog (because of course she was the culprit), and at the kids (for no good reason).  I finally found it...it hd slid under my work crate and I didn't think to check the area where that came from.  That sent me running to my kids, who were about to get on the bus, confess the fact that not only was my behavior inappropriate, it was a full blown temper tantrum and I am sorry and please have a good day Mommy loves you.

Got stopped on the interstate because of an accident.  I don't just mean stopped, I mean the car was in park - for about 20 minutes.  I'm in the left lane when I see a car come barreling up the shoulder.  Where exactly does she think she is going?  The cars are parked for crying out loud.  And it's not like you're going to go over the 45" concrete wall with your car.  And, oh by the way, there's a bridge up ahead and the shoulder isn't wide enough for your car.  Where exactly do you think you are going?  Well, she saw the narrowing shoulder and decided to try to squeeze her car in front of mine...the cars are parked, where are you going???  Finally traffic moves a little...she doesn't pay attention and instead is still trying to get in the next lane over, all the while completely stopping the lane she is in.  She finally goes forward and then returns to her antics of driving on the shoulder.  I hope she got a big 'ol nail in her tire and when she gets ready to go home from work has a nice 'ol flat tire to greet her!

Oh, is it bad to wish harm on someone?  (Me in my most pleasant and innocent voice possible...)

Finally I get to work.  (Background:  Roundabout Geek and I work for the same company...the one that let 4 people on his team go in the last week.  We have the same boss. Am I next???)  I guess I wasn't quite prepared to see the empty cubicles and offices, cubicles and offices which once held the things of friends.  The gal next to me...the one I would call my closest friend at work...she's gone.  I'm bummed.  But then I have to deal with the ONE person who DESERVED to be let go but somehow made it off the chopping block unscathed.  Not just deal with them, but find out that not only did they no do something I had asked them to do so I could do my job, I was not even informed of a meeting that took place last week that I should have attended.

And to top it all off, Roundabout Geek went to lunch with other people all the while I'm sitting here waiting to see if he'll accept my invitation to lunch.

I hate (this) Monday.

And when I was on my way home, I decided to do something I never do...I checked my yahoo e-mail on my phone.  And what do you suppose I found when I checked my e-mail??  Well, I will tell you what I found...

Three e-mails from our adoption group - two from HIS Home and one from one of the adoptive parents.  The matching gift challenge...well we learned yesterday that the challenge had been met and then some!  Then today we find out that there was more waiting in the mail today and by wire transfer.  And no sooner had they praised our AWESOME GOD for those miracles, but HIS Home got on again with yet another large transfer this afternoon!  The boys' house rent is done, and the medical fund for Sendy is well on its way to being fully funded.

And, I wept.

I cried because I was happy.  I cried because I was sad.  I cried because I was ashamed at my attitude today.  I cried because it was the only thing I knew to do at that moment.

I forgot that God, MY God, is sovreign over everything.  I totally and completely trusted Him to give HIS Home the money for the rent for the boys' house.  But when it came to my dog, my jump drive, the stupid silly lady driving recklessly, the idiot challenging guy I work with, and the fact that my closest friend at work was let go last week...that, the "small stuff" of my life....I forgot that MY God was sovreign over the small stuff too. All I have to do is give it to Him, instead of keeping it for myself, thinking (quite foolishly, mind you)that it wasn't something I couldn't handle, you know, on my own. 

Somewhere there's a little, evil engr2mom staring at me going "nah nah a boo boo".  She's doing that because she got me...she got the best of me.  She pushed all my buttons...really well.  And what's worse, I let her and now I'm tired, I have a migraine and oh how I wish I didn't break the drawer when I was slamming it closed this morning when I couldn't fnd my jump drive.

Oh, yeah, maybe if I had started my day spending time with God instead of rushing around, I would have handled myself completely differently!

In a way, when I read the e-mails about the continued miracles God is showing me through HIS Home, was how God got my attention for the day.  So many times I miss those small little whispers when God is using to try to get my attention. 

This was a "wow" moment for me.  I am sooooo glad I didn't miss it!

So Mondays are not always my favorite days...but not all Mondays that start out horrible, end horrible...especially when God is involved!

No comments: