My day is his night and his day is my night. Makes communication a bit difficult, but we're managing...even getting him the IT support he needs there from here. Technology truly is amazing, isn't it?
And one of the last strings that needed to be tied for our meeting in Haiti has been tied, finally. Our dear, sweet friend in Haiti has agreed to pick up Roundabout Geek at the airport and bring him to me and Joshua at the hotel we are staying at with the other families. Praise God for that! It was the last detail that I was still a bit anxious about and once again God comes through, in shining colors. Should I really be surprised? No! So why am I? Because I all too often forget that He is in control of all things all the time - not just some things, some of the time. All things. All. The. Time.
Today was an amazing day back here in our little town. There wasn't anything unusual or surprising about the day, but it was amazing all the same.
- The kids and I were up and out of bed and ready to go with time to spare!
- I spent some unexpected Time with God this morning...what a blessing.
- There was an e-mail from the President of our company with accolades about my 5 year anniversay, something we call a "Milestone Anniversary".
- That e-mail led to several other e-mails from colleagues expressing their congratulations, along with several in-person congratulatories (is that even a word?) while at work.
- I also received a wonderful compliment in person from the President and my immediate superiors, as well as a card and gift card for Roundabout Geek and I to use when he gets back into town.
- I was able to express many thanks to the people at the Company who have allowed me to shine - I have not done it alone and I learned long ago to give credit where credit is due, whether that be God or someone He has allowed me to build a relationship with.
- I talked to my husand three times today! I was thankful for one. Three is such an amazing surprise. How good is God!!!
--------------------------------------------------------
Of course my day wasn't without its struggles either. Quarterback and I still seem to be struggling with the whole respect thing...it's gotta be a 7-year old thing. Or maybe its just a boy thing. I don't know, but he likes to challenge me. He knows how to push me, and Princess N for that matter. And there is nothing that gets my temper flaring faster than when he blatantly ignores me or his sister because he wants what he wants and gives no regards to the wishes of others.
God and I are working on my temper and my in-ability to be slow to speak and slow to become angry. I realize that part of that is the anger I hold towards others that I have not yet forgiven, and some of it is a knee jerk reaction I cannot control. I also know that this is an area that God wants to see improvement, as do I! I know I need to discipline this behavior, but more importantly, I am trying to focus on what I need to do to change and praying for God's intervention in QB's heart. Only He can truly affect a character change. And I must give that all to God because honestly, I pretty much stink at trying to affect any change in him. More importantly, I pretty much stink at affecting a change in me. I keep wanting to take it back.
Me: Okay God, I realize I can't do this. I don't know how to control my tongue. I can't do it on my own. I know that you will do not put me in situations that are uncommon to others. And you promise to provide a way out from unde it. I can't seem to tackle my temper Lord. Please show me the way out.
God: Okay. I love you Daughter. I will help you in this. But you have to let me.
Me: Okay. I trust you. It is yours.
A little while later....
Me: QB, why did you not come when I asked you to?
QB: I didn't hear you.
Me: Really, you didn't hear me tell your sister to get going and then look right at you and tell you the same thing?
QB: I forgot.
Me: How did you forget? I just told you.
QB: I just forgot.
Me: NO. YOU DID NOT FORGET. You were only thinking of yourself and you chose to ignore me.
QB: No.
Me: REALLY! YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T HEAR ME WHEN YOU WER LOOKING RIGHT AT ME? OR THAT YOU JUST FORGOT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO LISTEN TO ME? QB, YOU HAVE GOT TO STOP BEING SO SELFISH. IF SOMEONE ASKS YOU TO OR NOT TO DO SOMETHING, YOU HAVE TO STOP THINKING ABOUT YOURSELF AND START THINKING ABOUT THEM.
QB: Okay.
Me: REALLY? WELL, IF IT REALLY IS OKAY, YOUR BEHAVIOR WILL SHOW THAT.
QB: Okay. Mommy?
Me: WHAT?
QB: I love you.
Hmmm...was that God getting my attention? Was that His subtle reminder out of the mouth of my babe that I no sooner asked God to take on my temper only to take it back again? It sure was. Funny how it is through my kids that God gets my attention the most. Perhaps because unlike me, God can still flow through them fully.
Well, tomorrow is another day..another day to give God the glory...another day to give God my temper...another day to keep living life because I love my God.
Until then....
No comments:
Post a Comment