I can't believe I'll be in Haiti in three days. At this time on Saturday I will be holding my little man again. Of course, he'll probably be trying to figure out just who I am, but that's okay. It doesn't take him long anymore.
Please pray that this week will be fruitful as far as our adoption goes. We've been in process with him for two years now and we'd really like to start seeing some movement again. I'm starting to get that little hint of frustration that comes with a wait this long. I need my Joshua fix...that usually helps to remind me why we're still on this journey. Our journey is not ours. God asked us to do this. With that in mind, we keep moving forward, step by step, day by day, month by month, and unfortunately, year by year. That's kind of sobering.
I mean, imagine walking through the desert like Moses and the Isrealites did...for 40 years. They trusted in God, most of the time, and the times they didn't? Well, God disciplined them for it.
Well, I am in the desert place of our adoption right now. I am trusting God. Truly. There is nothing I can do to affect any type of change there. There is no intervention I can make. In fact, Roundabout Geek and I have consciously decided not to try to do any type of human intervention. We have a close friend who probably would on our behalf, but it's not fair to the other parents who have been waiting so much longer than us. Nope, we're not going down that road. We'll take the road we've been asked to travel, thankyouverymuch.
And, for all its ups and downs, challenges and celebrations, I am thankful for this road we're on right now. Being thankful keeps me from getting overly depressed, frustrated, and playng the woesme game. So, I am choosing to be thankful in all things, particularly when it comes to our adoption. There is just simply no other way to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment