Monday, November 9, 2009

One down, Eight to go

Well, the day is ending much as it started, except that my mood is surprisingly better than it was when I awoke this morning.

This morning I woke up to two kids wanting to snuggle, which I gladly obliged!  Tonight, the kid are tucked in their beds and I'm snuggling with a now (thankfully) quiet Reese.

This morning I was still anxious about Roundabout Geek's pending arrival in the faraway place. Tonight I have talked to him twice.  And although I'm still not thrilled about the distance, I am comforted by the fact that it IS possible to talk to him.

This morning I had no idea how I was going to get going with packing for Haiti.  Tonight I have two big, black bags packed, my carry-on with most of my stuff in it, and a plan to get the 5 boxes of sheets, towels, clothes, and cd's packed and on their way to Haiti - even if it does cost me a small arm and a small leg to get it all down there.

This morning I wondered if I would ever be ready or excited about seeing Joshua on Saturday afternoon.  Tonight, I'm starting to get that anxious excited feeling rather than the anxious worrying feeling.

So, I guess things are starting to look up.

I spent a wonderful half hour reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe with Quarterback.  I wish I could find a book Princess N and I could read together. I enjoy reading with my kids.

I loved seeing Princess N's face light up when I told her that her daddy was on the phone.  I think it made her night. Can't spend too much time on the phone though...we don't know how much these calls cost per minute.

Just talked to him again...of course it's because he can't send e-mails from his phone (although he should be able to) and I need to contact our IT Deptarment to try and figure it out...though I'm not sure how that's going to happen at this hour.

And, my kiddos did not have an unhealthy dinner.  Oreos and skittles?  Who has that for dinner?  Nope!  I looked in my freezer and discovered a nice bag of waffle fries and some breaded cod fillets and some corn.  Hmmm.  That'll work.  And so it did!  My kids had a fairly healthy dinner - quick too!  Gotta love quick!

So, I'm feeling a bit more like myself.  I feel like I can start getting back into what's going on around me instead of wanting to be a recluse.  Slowly, mind you, ever so slowly.  I still have to try and sleep in my empty bed tonight, wishing that my husband's arms were wrapped securely around me.  But, since sleep did not come easily last night and I had two failed attempts at naps, maybe, jsut maybe, I'll get some sleep tonight.

In the end, though, it is just me, my dogs, and my thoughts.  Ending my day much the way I started.  And for now, I'm going to do some reading, watch tv, and say some mega prayers for my husband, my kids - all three of them, and our upcoming travels.

No comments: